Friday, April 3, 2009

Consolidating

Unfortunately, my Giant Robot blog has been mysteriously corrupted and I can no longer post there. So it's as good a time as any to consolidate here.

Took the morning to head over to the water and catch a few waves. Before we mustered up the courage to paddle out at what we now refer to as "Ice Cubes," we stopped by a deli, where I ordered a bagel sandwich and started staring at the cover of this large-format magazine in the discard pile.



I immediately thought, "This guy is copping Dave Choe." And then I thought twice and sure enough...



It's the 2007 premiere issue of "boarding lifestyle" BL!SSS magazine -- and the best single-issue mag find since a friend got me the 1995 Drew Barrymore Playboy issue.





It's a nice, long interview, and ends with classic Dave: "I don't care about being right or wrong. I just want to live." I think he's still in China somewhere causing trouble...

No comments: